— Award-winning IT consultancy
- Hands on role working with the latest Java versions for space systems & technology.
- Award winning company.
- Flexible working hours, on-site parking, research & development.
A leading developer of information, communications and advanced technology solutions is going through a real growth period and is looking for DevOps Engineers in Bristol to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects from weather systems to spacecraft missions in order to help shape the future of the division. You can either be based in Bristol or Chippenham.
What skills you’ll be needing
- An experienced background developing with Java.
- Knowledge of continuous build and test processes & toolset.
- Experience in the design, development, test and integration of quality software.
- Exposure to modern testing and DevOps technologies such as; Jenkins, Maven etc.
- Experience of Nexus would be a bonus.
- Linux scripting or Windows Powershell is desirable.
- Familiarity with web application development, integration and testing such as JSF & Spring are nice to have.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum.
- Good communication skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Security clearance is desirable.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working on private projects with some major clients that can’t yet be disclosed. This is a hands-on role where you will be working with high-end software tools and modern programming practises and getting involved with a wide variety of exciting projects. As well as working within a collaborative and talented team, you will be able to go out and visit customer sites to provide consultation first hand. You will be expected to bring a variety of software knowledge to the table to share with the current team as well as ideally continuing to learn yourself; whether that is from us or from technology that you might look at in your spare time. With large teams it is essential that you work to timescales, complete projects to the required standard, solve problems with other team members and work efficiently to make best use of your time. With the team constantly expanding you will ideally have ambitions to mentor more junior members of the team and have desire to grow yourself.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you get to work on some tech-leading projects in some seriously exciting sectors you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with an on-site gym and café in Chippenham. You will have the opportunity for training and to pick up new skills.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, email your CV to Ellen (01179 269 530) now!Back to jobs