Digital Tech Lead
— Web, cloud, product innovation
- Global business, large digital tech transformation programme
- Lead tech projects, Agile, product development.
- Outstanding team, progression, development opportunities.
One of the UK’s most innovative & rapidly growing technology companies are looking for a number of Technical Leads to join their brand-new Bristol office next to its iconic harbour side. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be the onsite specialist within an exciting and innovative division. The business is currently going through a large re-platforming project, operating across 21 countries and focusing on customer experience for multiple target audiences.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in a technical role (ideally development) with recent experience in a leadership/mentoring role.
- Significant knowledge of one or more programming languages, any history with Java is a big bonus but not essential.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum processes and ability to lead Scrum teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-techie people in the team.
- Good understanding of the cloud, ideally across multiple platforms (AWS the preference) though this isn’t essential.
- If you have any knowledge of some of the following that they use, that would be great: Java, Spring, .Net, Sitecore, AWS, NodeJS, Microservices, Hybris, AEM.
- The business only hire techies who are close to the action, so you’ll need to have a real passion for the industry (reading blogs, building your own projects, open source contribution etc.).
What you’ll be doing
Joining the new & expanding digital team, you will lead a variety of projects with a cross-functional team, delivering high-spec technical solutions to support the company’s wider ambitions within eCommerce. The team is split into scrums of Developers, BA’s, QA & Product Owners; though you won’t be getting stuck into the hands-on development you will be expected to provide technical direction to the rest of the team and liaise with other areas of the business (and 3rd parties) about business requirements. The web platforms operate across multiple countries & with multiple languages, so it needs to provide a ‘catch-all’ customer experience. The long term goal is to build the foundations of a truly global team, and this role will only progress as the business does with it.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), bonus, flexi-time, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
This is a really exciting opportunity so if you’d like to hear more, give Joe a call on 01179 269 530Back to jobs