You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Progressive tech, product-based development
- Hugely successful software business with a core product that not only leads the market, but was the first of its kind.
- Opportunites for future progression as the business grows.
- Work with progressive tech, training and courses supported when necessary.
One of Bristol’s most successful product-based software businesses is looking for a Lead Software Engineer (full-stack Java) to join and help lead their talented team. They produce the worldwide leading app in their market, with over a million customers across 170+ countries and 7 languages. They’ve won a wealth of awards and aren’t looking to slow down their market growth or company expansion any time soon. They are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit that would enjoy working in a small and highly collaborative team.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll have full-stack development skills, primarily focussed around Java.
- Experience with or knowledge of mobile app development, whilst not essential, would be extremely useful. This includes skills with Android, iOS and/or Swift development.
- You will need experience with cloud platforms (they use Google Cloud but experience with this in particular is not essential).
- You’ll have experience or a keen interest in mentoring and/or managing junior staff.
- You will need to be out-going, communicative, clear and above all, enthusiastic about helping a young business grow.
What you’ll be doing
You will be leading the technical function of the business which includes 2 junior developers in Bristol and also an out-sourced team abroad. You will ultimately be responsible for the design, development, testing, deploying, maintenance and improvement of all software and products. Managing projects, establishing priority of tasks and arranging and keeping to deadlines will all be part of your remit. You will be helping to mentor junior staff in the business but also making sure that the UK and non-UK teams communicative and work collaboratively. It’s a small team and so you’ll be flexible in your day-to-day tasks, with a willingness to chip in in other areas of the business when required.
What you’ll get in return for you talents
On top of an attractive salary (£55K), you’ll be working with a business that’s already #1 in its market and only looking to expand from here. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level developer looking to step up or a senior-level developer that’s interested in working with a close, collaborative and talented team. There’s a bonus scheme, generous pension, share options, 28 days holiday and more. You’ll be supported in learning new skills when necessary, whether through training supplies or courses and events. Given some collaboration with the US parent company, paid trips to the US will also be potentially on offer. The company is looking to grow both in number and market presence, through development of new products and moving into new markets, and as it does there will be opportunities for future progression.
Get in touch with Jack (email@example.com) for more information or apply here.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: