Lead Front-End Developer
— Brand-new offices next to iconic Bristol harbour
Salary: £55K - £75K
- Global business with a new tech division overlapping into IoT.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Outstanding team, progression, development opportunities.
One of the UK’s most innovative technical manufacturing businesses are looking for an established Lead Front-End Developer to join their brand-new Bristol office next to its iconic harbour side. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be the onsite specialist within an exciting and innovative division. The business is constantly trying to find new and innovative ways of working and this role will play an integral part in that journey.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in leading a front-end development team and the ability to collaborate with other areas such as back-end development & QA.
- Agile software delivery knowledge and experience of leading Scrum teams alongside QA and full-stack developers.
- Understanding of front-end implementation with a content management system.
- Good communication skills and an awareness of back-end development when liaising with other areas of the business.
- Any knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or Hybris would be highly beneficial (but, by no means essential).
- The business only hire developers who are close to the action when it comes to new technology, so you’ll need to have a real passion for the industry (reading blogs, building your own projects, open source contribution etc.).
What you’ll be doing
Coming into a rapidly growing & highly innovative team of techies, you will take accountability for the design and delivery of the front-end aspect of the business’ range of applications. You would be leading a number of Scrum teams alongside full-stack developers and the QA team, with a focus on defining and implementing new and emerging technologies into the business’ technology stack. There are a number of projects to sink your teeth into, including a brand-new eCommerce platform and multiple greenfield projects which are centred around new products that aren’t publicly available as of yet. As well as this you will involve yourself with the wider technical team to ensure that the code delivered is at a high quality and scalable at all times. The long term goal is to build the foundations of a truly global team, and this role will only progress as the business does with it.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary (to £55K) with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), bonus, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
This is a really exciting opportunity so if you’d like to hear more, give Joe a call on 01179 269 530 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to jobs