— Work on spacecraft missions
Location: Bristol OR Chippenham
- Work with the latest Java versions for space systems & technology.
- Blue-chip & public sector clients.
- Flexible working hours, on-site parking, research & development.
A leading developer of information, communications and advanced technology solutions is going through a real growth period and is looking for skilled Java Engineers to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects from weather systems to spacecraft missions in order to help shape the future of the division. You can either be based in Bristol or Chippenham.
What skills you’ll be needing
- An experienced background developing Java.
- Recent experience using Java 8
- Understanding of good software development practices.
- Ability to pick up new skills and technologies.
- Good communication skills.
- Using Java in an eclipse environment is desirable.
- Programming in C++ would be a bonus.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Security clearance is desirable.
What you’ll be doing
Using high-end software tools and modern programming practices you will be getting involved with some exciting projects including a new product that facilitates the trend of operating mega-constellations. During these projects you will be working on all aspects of the software lifecycle and be responsible for the implementation of software components using Java and support for current systems software. You will be working in a collaborative team of talented engineers in the office but also have the opportunity to visit customer sites to assist with testing and provide support/training.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you get to work on some tech-leading projects in some seriously exciting sectors you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with an on-site gym and café in Chippenham. You will have the opportunity for training and to pick up new skills.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George C - email@example.com; 01179269530Back to jobs