You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Pioneering tech scale-up, distributed computing
- Highly successful start-up, moving into scale-up mode.
- Large amount of autonomy in the role and can help guide the future of the company.
- Opportunity for future progression and organic growth in the position.
A Bristol-based software house is moving from start-up to scale-up following significant investment and they are looking for two Software Architects (Java) to join the team as crucial new hires. One in effect will be a lead (£80K) but they are also looking for a senior-level architect to be part of the team alongside (£65-70K). Having only been founded a few years ago, the company has gone from strength to strength and already has a fantastic array of awards on their shelves. They are currently a team of around 20 but that number will be increasing very quickly over the coming year, across all teams. As part of this scale-up process, they will also be looking to move into exciting new areas and industries and the opportunity for growth is near limitless.
What experience you’ll need
- You will need outstanding development skills with Java, ideally having worked in an architect level/type role previously.
- Your knowledge of distributed systems, scalability and fault tolerant design will be expert.
- Experience with a range of operating systems, container engines and hypervisors is important.
- Strong understanding of IP networks, including firewalls and VPNs.
- Experience with version and release management, including Git.
- Experience with testing frameworks, continuous integration and deployment and build tools.
- Knowledge of using Confluence and Jira.
- Experience of Spring/Hibernate is not essential but highly preferred.
- You will have a familiarity building enterprise level FE apps, using AngularJS and ReactJS ideally.
What you’ll be doing
You will be crucial in helping the business grow in the coming months and years. Providing the software development teams with leadership and vision will be core to the role but you’ll also be hands-on with the code, making architectural and design decision in the areas of software, infrastructure, network and storage. You will be leading architecture and design in all projects delivered by teams in both the UK and abroad and will ensure maintenance of standards and correct coding practices. As the business and teams grow, you’ll be helping to maintain the best levels of communication and cross-team collaboration. Other responsibilities will include investigating and resolving production issues, monitoring and benchmarking systems, documenting solutions and changes and designing engaging user experiences / interfaces.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be able to join a business at one of the most exciting points in its journey, moving from start-up to scale-up. As an essential member of the team, you’ll help dictate how the business moves forward and achieves its goals. Because of this, there’s an attractive salary offered (£80K) and a high level of personal autonomy in the position. The team describe themselves as fun loving and genuine and they are attempting to retain an energetic ‘start-up style’ environment, even as they grow, so that everyone will enjoy every day at work. Of course with any growing business, new benefits should be expected to be added over time.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV NOW to Jack for immediate consideration.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: