— Market leading business, varied projects
- Excellent culture and work environment; focus on work/life balance.
- Expanding business with great opportunities for progression.
- Varied and interesting project work.
An exciting, market leading business is looking for a Java Developer to join a talented and expanding team within a fast-growing digital department. Managing a number of core websites and apps, there are continuing plans for re-builds, improvements and more that will maintain an exciting pace of work. There’s a friendly culture within nice modern offices and will be a great opportunity looking for anyone looking to build a career in an ever-expanding company.
What experience you’ll need
- You will have proven commercial experience working with Java (J2EE, JSP, etc.).
- You will have experience working within an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Experience of SCM and issue tracking tools.
- Any experience with or knowledge of Oracle WebCenter Sites, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Weblogic server or Apache Web Server would be beneficial.
- Experience of functional testing with selenium or similar or of continuous integration using Bamboo/Jenkins or similar would both be beneficial too.
- Further bonus points for UX design experience, Spring, Oracle SQL, JIRA, SVN or Git.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for assisting in the delivery and support of all development for the online platform. Your work will cover both customer and corporate websites, CMS, application integration and more. Ultimately you will be working to improve functionality and customer experience, as well as developing new solutions and features. You will be working closely with different internal teams across Digital, Marketing, Communications, Content and more, in a highly collaborative environment. Providing 2nd line support, as well as conducting and supporting acceptance testing of application improvements will be important within the role. Finally, you’ll be expected to keep up with developing industry trends and new technologies and help integrate those into the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be part of great team in a fantastic environment. Nice modern offices with break out areas, including a pool table and plenty of space to spread out and relax. The team and department are both sociable and out-going. The team specifically like to do fortnightly evenings out together, with extra pub trips and meals on top. It’s a competitive environment socially and there’s a lot of fun playing games against each other. You’ll be given a generous salary along with a list of benefits and the ability to grow within the business. A huge bonus is the business' interest in keeping up to date with the latest tech are their focus on allowing you to test and suggest anything you think is cool and cutting edge.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV NOW to Jack for immediate consideration.Back to jobs