— Training & development, product-focused
- Amazing company culture with a real emphasis on engagement and happiness.
- Interesting, product-focused development.
- Training and development budget; be supported in learning new skills.
An innovative, product-focused business in Bristol has gone from strength to strength since significant investment last year. Already having grown to 40 people across the company, they are looking to expand the development team further, currently looking to hire a Back-End Developer (Java). Your work within the team will be essential in expanding the current primary product's capability but also moving forward, you'll have the chance to get involved in some really exciting new projects. They are looking for someone that will not only get involved professionally and socially within the office but are excited by the opportunity to help a relatively early-stage business go through their new major stages of growth.
What experience you'll need
- Commercial experience working with Java 8.
- Experience/knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with build tools (Gradle, Maven, etc.) and version control (Git).
- A familiarity with Docker containers would be a bonus.
- Any experience or understanding of building microservices for the cloud in the form of RESTful APIs would be extremely beneficial but not essential.
What you'll be doing
You'll be working in a back-end team of 3, also working closely with the wider games development team, helping shape back-end services for the business' primary product. You will also collaborate with the front-end team when a project requires (which will be fairly often). The work you'll be involved in will generally be split between services and infrastructure. The main task, at least initially, will be developing new endpoints and logic to the existing API. Ultimately a key part of your role will involve learning new skills and technology and integrating them into your work.
What you'll get in return for your talents
They offer a competitive salary (up to £32k), with potential stock options, pension scheme, Christmas shutdown and more. There’s a department training budget that covers conferences, courses, materials and you’ll be actively encouraged and supported in learning new skills and developing those you already have. There’s a fantastic culture in the office with regular events, a close-knit and socially active team and a real focus on staff happiness and engagement. The offices themselves are really cool, with everything from board games to consoles (Xbox one, Nintendo Switch), a lovely kitchen, open-plan space and showers for anyone that wants to cycle in or go for an afternoon run.
If you think this is the next contact role for you then get in touch with Jack now to get yourself in the mix!Back to jobs