You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Lead Developer / CTO
— Disruptive Tech Product, Tech For Good, Remote Options
- Disruptive Tech-Start up using Machine Learning/AI to improve the lives of millions.
- Huge client pipeline and ambitious plans to double their Bristol HQ.
- Grow and lead the technology team for an ingenius product utilising the latest tech.
One of the UK’s most talked about tech start-ups is looking to grow an in-house team of developers at their Bristol offices to help bring equality into the workplace of millions worldwide. As Lead Developer/CTO you’ll be given the freedom and opportunity to deliver an outstanding product whilst shaping technical strategy for the company as it continues to flourish.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Proven history of full-stack development.
- They’ll be looking for you to pick up Golang and can cross-train from Java, Python or C#.
- MySQL back-end.
- You will be an advocate of Continuous Delivery principles.
- Willingness to learn/knowledge of Angular (they work with Angular6).
- GIT version control.
- Docker/Kubernetes experience is highly desirable.
- An interest in AI and Machine Learning.
- Experience of undertaking testing activities.
- Experience using cloud-based IaaS and PaaS.
- Experience managing/leading a team of developers (you will have been involved with hiring good talent and helping grow a quality team).
- You will be interested in networking events, keeping up to date with the latest/emerging technologies and what is popular in the market.
What you’ll be doing
With growing success and a small international development team there is an urgent requirement for a Lead Developer/Head of Development at the HQ in Bristol who can drive the tech function and build a brand new cross-functional team which will maximise efficiency of this product, continue to lead the company on the forefront of technology. Duties will include hands-on development (100% moving to 50% as the team grows), liaising with their small off-shore development resource, helping to introduce test procedures and automated environment and evaluating/selecting/implementing new and emerging tech as appropriate. The product itself is light years ahead of it’s competitors and there’s lots of opportunities to innovate still further in an environment where you’ll be able to work with autonomy and creativity. You’ll need to be able to work effectively with non-technical people and communicate complex issues well to them with the goal of maximising the efficiency of the product.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is an incredible opportunity to put your development skills to great use working on a Tech For Good and highly topical issue on a disruptive, innovative product already making waves. The role will suit someone looking to fast-track their career from Senior Developer to CTO whilst working with progressive tech and making a real impact on the success of the business. You can expect a very competitive salary (£55-70K), 28 days holiday, Remote options (1-2 days per weekis no problem), pension, potential shares/equity, access to events/courses, socials and company events, fresh fruit, beer Fridays and much more to be added as they continue to grow at pace.
Sound like the perfect role for you? Send in your CV now to George (01179269530) or call in for a chat.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: