Senior Software Engineer
— Exciting Innovator, Greenfield Products
- World leading crypto-solutions developer, new UK R&D lab.
- Full-stack product development, ground-breaking devices and solutions.
- Wide tech stack, training provided for Scala and others.
Hugely exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer prototyping complex systems and user interfaces for one of Europe’s most impressive developers of crypto solutions and scientific devices at their new Bristol R&D office. If you have strong front-end/GUI experience with either Java or C# combined with back-end C++ and a passion to work on seriously impressive progressive software projects that help safeguard the storage and transmission of critical information then this will be of real interest.
What skills will you be needing?
- Core skills required included demonstrable Java (or C#) and C++.
- Understanding or willingness to be trained up in Scala.
- Ideally an undergraduate or postgraduate Software Engineering / Computer Science / Electronics / Physics or Maths degree or equivalent experience.
- Mix of GUI and back-end software engineer experience would be ideal.
- Any understanding or experience of embedded Linux would be excellent.
- Passion for innovation and new technology.
What you’ll be doing
Your core focus will be developing software for one of their flagship scientific instrument products using your creativity and innovation. This will include the user-facing functionality for prototypes, data processing algorithms, debugging software on their hardware platform and writing and maintaining documentation. Working in a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment sharing ideas and passing on your knowledge to others. You will be given time to learn new tech (in particular Scala) and will be able to make your mark quickly by taking a lead role on vital software development activities.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be working within a company who has just had over £50m invested working within a highly talented team with the autonomy to evaluate and select new technology for new and existing projects. The devices and solutions they create are amongst some of the most cutting edge in the world, this is a truly outstanding opportunity working alongside highly motivated and passionate team members. They’re more than happy to provide access to courses, conferences and travel to their Swiss offices to learn and progress your skillset. Benefits will also include a competitive salary (£40-55K), 25 days holiday, pension, socials/trips and more to be announced shortly. With a start-up feel and fantastic financial backing, this is an extremely good opening!
Like the sound of this? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike (01179269530).Back to jobs