You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
- Ownership of coding standards, technical designs, overall best practice & efficiency.
- Brand new R&D Digital Studio in a central location.
- Incredible career progression, courses, certifications.
Solution Designer with experience in managing coding standards, development processes, tooling, and technical designs needed to join a brand new digital studio in central Bristol (5 minute walk from Temple Meads).
What skills you'll be needing
- This role is focused on driving coding standards across the development teams so exposure to a wide range of tools such as JIRA, Git, TeamCity, Stash etc. is essential.
- You’ll be working in a Java environment so a deep technical knowledge Java or J2EE is expected. You’ll also have a good understanding of Spring/Hibernate, Microservices & SPA architecture, Web Services, DHTML/XML, Javascipt, HTML5 & CSS3.
- It’s important that you have experience in a similar role where your focus has been around technical design reviewing, code reviewing, best practices and development & integration tools.
- Communication is key and you will be comfortable in talking with both technical and non-technical colleagues, ensuring strong relationships are forged.
What you'll be doing
As a Solutions Designer you will be working with technical designers and lead developers to ensure a uniform method is taken across development tools and processes. You will be reviewing technical designs as well as code quality and integration to ensure maximum efficiency. You’ll personally own and look to improve on coding standards and will be responsible for running a best practice forum to ensure the teams are sharing knowledge and ideas. The company has their own in-house framework and you will be an advocate for this framework, managing the roadmap and feeding back any issues. You’ll also act as a champion for driving the creation of reusable tools and services, helping the teams in integrated development activities and will be consistently on hand to assist the teams in the resolutions of technical issues.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This team is going to grow substantially over the year and beyond and are really the ‘next big thing’ in Bristol and this is your chance to get in at the start. There will be plenty of opportunities for personal development, future progression and a highly competitive salary of up to £57,000 + 30% benefits package. As mentioned, there’s a friendly and collaborative culture, with an emphasis on happy staff, this includes a fantastic benefits pot where you can tailor your own package. There’s team nights out, wellness days, games and of course, the all important fully stocked beer/wine fridge! The company will look to sponsor and host events, talks and meetups that you’ll get to be part of. This new digital team will be kept away from any legacy work and will be focussed on exciting new, greenfield projects so you’ll never have a dull day!
If you want to hear more then send in your CV now to George (01179269530).Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: