Creative Technologist/Senior Developer
— Node, React, AWS
- Help shape innovation, scope and create new solutions.
- Develop Progressive Web Apps and other products that improve the physical and mental health of millions.
- Develop skills with React, Node, AWS, VR/AR and more.
One of Bristol’s most innovative digital product teams are looking for a Senior Developer/Creative Technologist to help deliver amazing, life improving applications and solutions with a global impact. If you love the scoping, product development process and suggesting new creative solutions that could change lives and uses the best current and emerging tech then this role is for you.
What skills you’ll be needing
- The ability and experience to scope, research and plan the development of cutting-edge solutions, spotting opportunities to innovate.
- Full understanding and competency with AWS stack.
- HTML5, CSS3 and general front-end tech; able to produce robust, credible and visually stunning solutions.
- Good grounding in NoSQL, wield websockets and basic unit or integration test abilities.
- GIT version control.
- Keen interest in working with AWS/Google Cloud, MongoDB, Meteor.js and new/emerging tech (they’re looking at producing VR and AR applications).
- You’ll definitely be of interest to them if you have great project examples to show them and if you regularly read up on tech or attend meetups/events etc.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working in a supportive in-house development team in a role that we can best describe as a ‘thinker’ –someone with a creative approach to solutions development. We’re looking for someone who can listen to clients, scope and spec out requirements and spot opportunities to innovate with the latest technologies (whether it be VR, AR, Blockchain, PWA’s, you name it). This person will be experienced when it comes to end-to-end product development creating credible, robust solutions that are beautifully designed and delight clients. You’ll be working on Progressive Web Apps and other digital products that have the potential to improve the lives of millions around the world. Working with the latest tech, you will be able to build high quality solutions for not-for-profit clients, international NGO’s and Med-tech/pharma world leaders. They will be looking for your steer on the evaluation new technologies and suggesting process/system improvements where possible.
What you'll get in return for your talents
The satisfaction that what you’re creating each day is genuinely making a positive impact to people’s health. And of course a great benefits package that includes a competitive salary (to £50K), 25 days holidays, Christmas break off, course/conference access, personalised development plans, discounted shopping at big retailers, pension, regular legendary company nights out and of course Friday desk beers. There will be great opportunities to work across a number of different projects in a small, growing development team. Your opinion on which tech to use per project will be valued and there’s a great chance for you to lead projects and pass on your skills to the rest of the team.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV and examples of work now to Mike (01179269530).Back to jobs