You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Learn JS frameworks, platform-based disruptor
- Product-focussed disruptor looking to expand their technical capacity.
- A strong customer base of 160+ in Bristol already and looking to grow.
- You’ll be supported in learning new technologies and developing your skills.
An ambitious disruptor start-up in Bristol is looking for a Front-End Developer to join their 8 strong team. They are looking for entrepreneurial developers with a keen interest in learning new technologies and in helping shape the business and its culture as they expand. They have a real interest in investing heavily in technology both now and throughout their business plan for the next few years. Already having over 160 clients in Bristol, including some impressive brand names, they are excited to start moving into new areas both in terms of product focus and geographically.
What skills you'll be needing
- Experience with a modern JS framework (Angular, React, Ember) would be a huge bonus. Commercial experience would be perfect but self-taught would also be good.
- A good understanding of mobile-first and responsive web design.
- A keen interest in learning new skills and picking up new technologies.
- Experience of hybrid app development (Ionic, Cordova) would be beneficial but not essential.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working collaboratively in a small team, alongside the CTO and other developer, to improve and evolve the current platform through delivery of high quality code. You’ll be encouraged to take a creative approach to scaling the platform and your input will be taken into account on issues across the business. You’ll be designing, building, testing and deploying both improvements and brand new features to the platform and helping to provide new ideas on what to do next. On the softer side, you’ll ultimately be helping to define the culture of a small business and will be advocating best practice in both design and operation. You’ll also be encouraged to learn new technologies and integrate them into the stack when appropriate.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This is an excellent opportunity for a developer that’s not only looking to make their mark on a core product but also wants to help shape an early stage but growing business. The team is friendly and sociable, often sharing lunches and going for drinks after work. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new technologies and will be support in expanding your technical knowledge. There is also the potential for share options.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an ambitious disruptor, so send in your CV to Jack for more info!Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: