— Learn new skills (Laravel, Node.js)
- Highly successful cyber security SaaS business.
- Learn new skills like Laravel, Node.js and more.
- Opportunities for future progression as the team grows.
A cyber security business in north Bristol is looking for 2 mid-level PHP developers to join their expanding R&D web services team. The business is around 80 strong, 7 of which are in Bristol, with locations across the UK and abroad. The company’s core product focusses on a single cloud-based solution for all security needs covering web, apps, email, user authentication and more. They are hugely successful already, with 1.5 million + users worldwide and growing. This is the chance to join at a key point in the R&D team’s growth plans throughout 2018 and beyond.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Experience in developing PHP applications.
- You will need experience working with MVC, ideally with a modern framework (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, etc.) but they are open to those experienced with older frameworks that want to learn new skills (they use Laravel).
- SQL query development experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- TDD experience (PHPUnit).
- Knowledge of working in virtualised environments, ideally using Vagrant.
- Experience working in Linux environments.
- Any server side JS (Node.js) would be a big bonus but not essential.
- Also any skills or knowledge of Gerrit, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Google Compute, Docker or any knowledge of big data and/or analytics would all be bonuses.
- Previous experience working with cloud or SaaS products would be perfect.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working within the R&D department, based in Bristol, as part of the newly formed web services team. The role itself will be primarily based around development of the core API, development of the CASB component and also development of entirely new microservices and components within the platform. Dependent on what tech you’ve been working with before, your role could include picking up new skills such as working with Laravel and Node.js. As part of the R&D team, you’ll need to focus on remaining agile and dynamic at all times, whilst maintaining assured quality levels.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is the chance to join a highly successful, global, cyber security focussed SaaS business. You’ll be part of a team that’s on the company’s cutting edge, with the chance to play with new tech and product/test new ideas. You’ll be offered a competitive salary, as well as share options after 6 months, free parking, flexi time, ability to work from home, a sociable and enjoyable working environment and more. As the team grows, there will be future opportunity for progression within the business.
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to George or call in for a chat.Back to jobs