— Ethical, Product focus, MVC
- Powerful product improving healthcare services UK wide.
- MVC based development, complex web application development.
- Great culture, ambitious business with strong work-life balance.
Talented PHP Developer needed to join market-smashing software house in new offices in the centre of Bristol. With 4 developers already in the team, this quality-driven business are looking to expand off the back of some great new client wins. If you want to work on an innovative software product and leave client support/meetings and basic website tweaking to someone else then this is the one for you!
What experience you'll need
- Strong PHP experience including MVC (ideally Symfony/Laravel).
- Experience of working with enterprise-level or mission critical applications.
- GIT version control.
- Understanding of design patterns and when to use them.
- Understanding or experience of CMS (they use Drupal).
- Ticketing/bug tracking systems exposure.
- Testing framework knowledge/experience.
- Familiarity with a Linux command line and relevant tools.
- Experience of working with – and refactoring – legacy code.
- Experience of working with, or – even better – developing, APIs.
- A product rather than project focus.
What you'll be doing
You will be helping to further enhance and develop new functionality for an already extremely successful product that is genuinely improving the lives of vulnerable people. Working across a range of development and testing activities, you won’t be expected to work on simple client fixes (they’ve got people for that), this is a heavily technical role needing strong problem-solving and innovation. You’ll be translating specifications into software and tech issues into simple English. They’ll also need you to be able to build from scratch, occasionally work refactoring legacy code, have lots of debugging tricks up your sleeve and some testing framework knowledge under your belt.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You’ll receive a competitive salary (£35-40K) with the opportunity for career progression as the company continues to grow as well as benefit from working in a centrally located, relaxed, open plan office environment with great people. There’ll be a good deal of autonomy and rapid feedback from the testing team; this is a great opportunity to stamp your mark on a project that is ever developing, progress your career and personal development as a Lead Developer. You’ll be working within an ambitious product focused business who greatly value a strong work-life balance. In addition you’ll be fuelled by unlimited snacks, soft drinks and freshly ground coffee to see you through the working day. Cycle friendly office with shower and changing facilities, company pension and plenty of socials/trips etc.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike (01179269530) for more info.Back to jobs