Solutions Architect / Lead Developer (PHP)
— Outstanding Software House
- Top Bristol software house; architect and own quality solutions.
- Flexi-time, dedicated R&D time and a genuinely enjoyable work environment.
- Amazing team, excellent career progression and project variety.
A multi-award winning software house in central Bristol is growing their PHP capacity considerably throughout this current stage of expansion and is looking for a Solutions Architect/Lead Developer (£60k) to join the team. You’ll be working closely with multiple teams across the business and a core part of the role will be client facing. There’s plenty of opportunity to get involved in community events, hackathons and work on personal projects to explore new technologies and methodologies with dedicated R&D time.
What skills you’ll need
- Demonstrable understanding of the design principles and architecture of large and complex PHP software systems.
- Experience with major frameworks like Laravel, Symfony, Zend etc.
- You’ll need to be able to be flexible in your work and be interested in bespoke projects.
- Client facing experience is important as you’ll be responsible for project scoping, problem mapping & solution and relationship management throughout projects with key customers.
- Experience of preparing technical business requirements.
- You’ll have worked in an Agile/Scrum environment.
What you’ll be doing?
The business itself has grown from ~35 to 50+ since the start of the year already and they are only accelerating from here so you’ll be joining at a key time to help with this process. You’ll be part of the fast expanding engineering team but will work closely with pre-sales, project management teams and other technical teams within the company. You will work with key customer and project stakeholders to scope projects, understanding any business or technical problems that need to be overcome and create appropriate solutions. There’s a good chance that you’ll be getting hands-on with coding when required and you’ll be able to pass on your experience to those around you. They’ll expect you to be a key part of the bidding process when it comes to new clients and/or projects from a technical perspective.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a new role for the business and you will really be able to make it your own. You’ll be working in a smart, collaborative and social working environment; everyone gets involved in all sorts of tech events, hackathons & LAN parties so you can too! On top of that you’ll really get treated as a grown up with flexible working hours and this wide range of exciting projects and clients, no two weeks will be the same! There’s excellent progression, training and R&D opportunities within the role for those looking to really stretch themselves further their careers.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now or get in touch with Mike for more information.Back to jobs