Senior Automation Tester
— Rapid business growth & career progression
- Variety of web, mobile & data science application projects centred on IIoT.
- High-growth period with scope to get from 35 to 100 in the next 2 years.
- International customer base working with a diverse range of household names.
A well-reputed predictive analytics & application consulting provider is going through a rapid period of growth and are looking for a Senior Automation Tester to join their team. Born in America, the Bristol office is now at 35 (developers, testers, data scientists/engineers) with scope to get to 50 in 2019, and 100 in the next 2 years. They work in a highly Agile environment, working with an incredibly diverse & global customer base spread across the UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Spain & Monaco. The business is constantly looking to integrate new & emerging technologies into the business; a lot of their techies are customer facing as well.
What skills you'll need
- Proven expertise within automation testing, ideally with a breadth of technology exposure.
- Significant knowledge of various automated testing tools, such as Selenium & JMeter.
- Ability to write test cases & strategies. API testing and an understanding of software security would be useful.
- Experience of testing within a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and ability to work in a highly Agile environment.
What you'll be doing
Joining a team of c15 developers/testers within the data science team, you will take a passion for innovation and drive the quality assurance across all projects. It’s expected that you will use your automation expertise to advocate best practices across the business, as well as helping more junior developers to learn about things like unit testing. The ultimate aim is to improve test strategy across the data science team and this role will play an integral part in that journey. It’s highly Agile so you’ll be involved in regular sprints; you’ll be in a very changeable environment so you’ll need to be adaptable to different tech and offer openness to integrating new & emerging tech/tools into the wider stack.
What you'll get in return for your experience
The company offer a very relaxed & casual environment, offering flexible working hours (core day is 10am – 4pm) and plenty of scope for training & progression. As the business expands there could be scope to move into a senior position depending on which way you see your career going, and they encourage their employees to go on a range of training courses & tech conferences. They’re offering a generous salary (c£50K), health pension scheme and free food in the office. It really does have the culture of a start-up but with the backing of a large international business!
Sound like the role for you? Drop Joe a message or give us a call to find out more!