You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
DevOps Engineer (AWS)
— Innovative Cloud, IoT projects
- Global business with new tech division overlapping into IoT.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Outstanding team, progression, development opportunities.
One of the UK’s most innovative technical businesses are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps specialist to join their new Bristol office. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be the onsite specialist within an exciting and innovative division.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Considerable experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and some of the associated tech including; EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, ElastiCache etc.
- Strong Linux systems administration with scripting skills.
- Configuration management and automation e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Maintenance, monitoring and scaling web based platforms.
- Evidence of keeping up to date with the latest industry trends, emerging tech and being pro-active in learning new skills, particularly with reference to security, containerisation, serverless, microservices and CI.
What you’ll be doing
Your duties will cover developing, maintaining and automating the build of AWS components and operating systems. Liaising with architects, software engineers and DBA’s you’ll be implementing new requirements, features and changes. A key part of the role will be integrating monitoring solutions and responding to issues and alerts as they come up, ensuring that systems are secure and patched. They need someone who can manage their time effectively, hit deadlines and work collaboratively with others coming up with new ideas, process improvements and adopting new tech quickly.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary (to £52K) long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect a very competitive salary with generous holidays, bonus, health option, pension, smart offices, R&D time and more.
Like the sound of this one and keen to hear more? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike (01179269530)Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: