Solution Architect (.NET)
— Top Bristol Software House
- Bristol's best software house, innovation, greenfield projects.
- Fast-growing, enthusiastic and motivated team working with the latest tech.
- Flexi-time, dedicated R&D time and an enjoyable work environment.
A top software house in central Bristol with an enviable reputation for ingenuity and innovation is growing their .NET capacity considerably throughout this current stage of expansion and is looking for a Solutions Architect / Lead Developer (up to £60k) to join. You’ll be working closely with multiple teams across the business and a core part of the role will be client facing. As they're big proponents of learning there’s plenty of opportunity to get involved in community events, hackathons and work on personal projects to explore new technologies and methodologies with dedicated R&D time.
What skills you’ll need
- You’ll need strong commerical experience with C# (.NET MVC).
- Experience with major frameworks like Entity is important.
- You’ll need to be able to be flexible in your work and enjoy working on complex, bespoke projects.
- You’ll have a strong understanding of the design principles and architecture of large and complex software systems.
- Client facing experience is important as you’ll be responsible for project scoping, problem mapping & solution and relationship management throughout projects with key customers.
- Any experience prototyping or wireframing is a bonus.
- You’ll have worked in an Agile/Scrum environment.
What you’ll be doing?
The business itself has grown from ~35 to 50+ since the start of the year already and they are only accelerating from here so you’ll be joining at a key time to help with this process. You’ll be part of the fast expanding .NET team but will work closely with pre-sales, project management teams and other technical teams within the company. Working with key customer and project stakeholders to scope projects will be key as well as understanding any business or technical problems that need to be overcome and create appropriate solutions. Hands on development is likely every now and again so you'll be keen to keep your hand in, keeping up with industry developments. You’ll be a key part of the bidding process when it comes to new clients and/or projects answering technical questions and dealing with different proposed scenarios. This is an all encompassing, exciting and challenging role on the path to CTO/Development Manager with one of the best around.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a new role for the business and you will really be able to make it your own. You’ll be working in a smart, collaborative and social working environment; everyone gets involved in all sorts of tech events, hackathons & LAN parties so you can too! On top of that there's flexible working hours, a wide range of exciting projects and clients, no two weeks will be the same! There’s also excellent progression as they continue to grow at pace, training and R&D opportunities throughout.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now or get in touch with Mike for more information.Back to jobs