Automated Tester (Contract)
— New platform release
- Disruptor SaaS business.
- Up to £350 p/day. Immediate start, likely 6 weeks initially with potential for extension. (On-site, no remote)
- Automated testing experience/knowledge required.
A SaaS business in Bath is looking for an Automated Tester to join them for 6 weeks initially, assisting with the release of the 2.0 version of their platform. There is currently another contractor that you’ll be working alongside and there’s the potential for extension beyond the current contract length. The platform is built in PHP / Zend primarily.
What skills you’ll need
- You’ll need demonstrable testing skills with proven commercial experience.
- Experience testing in PHP is essential.
- Previous work refactoring legacy tests is important.
- The platform build also uses Ruby so any experience with this is highly beneficial but not essential. An ability to pick up new languages quickly is key.
- You’ll be capable of working autonomously, taking responsibility for your own work.
- You’ll need to be commercially experienced with automated test tools (Selenium Web Driver, etc.).
What you’ll be doing?
You’ll be working alongside the other contractor tester and rest of the team, refactoring tests that will now need to work on the 2.0 version of the platform. The platform is built in PHP / Zend with some Ruby. If you have no previous Ruby experience, you’ll be given the chance to pick it up and could do so quickly as it’s a relatively small part of the tech stack. You’ll be working with Selenium.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be working with a highly successful SaaS business on a market leading product. It’s 6 weeks initially but there is the opportunity for extension and repeat work. Competitive contract rate, up to £350 p/day. You’ll have the chance to pick up new skills like working with Ruby. It’s a friendly and relaxed environment that you’ll enjoy working in. They are always open to anyone that wants to consider staying on perm as well.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now or get in touch with George for more information.Back to jobs