Support & Testing Analyst
— Learn new skills, growing software house
- The company is expanding quickly, with plenty of opportunity for future progression.
- Close-knit team in a friendly environment.
- You’ll get to interact with some really impressive clients.
A highly successful software house, based in Central Bristol, is expanding rapidly and having only recently hired for the same position, are already looking for another Junior IT Analyst. They’ve doubled in size as a business over the last year and a half, with around 10-15 based in Bristol out of around 25 total. New offices, new team expansion and exciting future plans means there are plenty of opportunities to grow professional with the business.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Previous support team experience will be highly beneficial.
- Software testing experience/knowledge will be extremely useful.
- Experience of dealing with customers or clients via phone and/or email will be core to the role.
- Any knowledge of working with logging/ticketing systems within a support function will be useful.
- You’ll need a high level of IT literacy.
- On the softer side, you’ll need strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent verbal and written ability.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for providing product support to customers, as well as the implementation consultants internally. You will also be software testing to support the development team. You’ll be engaging with customers directly to investigate and resolve support issues, also helping with potential configuration or necessary testing. You’ll be responsible for logging support tickets and making sure that they are dealt with quickly and all internal procedures are adhered to so that you provide the best customer experience possible, escalating and working with the development team when needed. You’ll be pro-actively testing new features and product upgrades, producing testing reports for the team.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
The company has doubled in size over the past year and a half and there are no signs of this growth slowing down any time soon. This makes it the perfect time to join an expanding company, working with some impressive clients. It’s a close-knit team that really care about what they do. Everyone’s friendly and at least twice a year, they get all the national offices together for large socials. As a junior role, there is the chance here to learn new skills and grow professionally within a successful software house.
If this sounds like the role for you then send your CV in now or get in touch with Jack to discuss further.Back to jobs