UX & Design Manager
— Top Bristol Success Story
- Join a true market leader in their field.
- Design for a large, international customer base.
- Join a UX culture that is established but growing.
We’re looking for a senior UX and design specialist to join one of Bristol’s biggest success stories. Sitting amongst the existing UX and design team you will take a lead role and deliver both strong leadership and practical hands on experience in this exciting role.
What you’ll be doing
A crucial part of this role will be leading an existing design and UX team. The team is currently made up of 3 practitioners that have a mix of skills from visual UI, interaction design and user research. With a mixed team comes varying levels of competency too; as an experienced leader you will know how to get the best out of those around you. In this role we’ll be looking for someone to help upskill the team, instil healthy UX practices and demonstrate the value of good UX process, especially in research. It’s likely you’ll be getting hands on, demonstrating good practice first hand and helping to guide others along the way.
Products will include customer facing responsive websites as well as a large number of app projects. From time to time internal systems will be the focus, but much less so than other areas. Already hugely successful the business has an exciting future ahead when it comes to their digital offering, as well as app and web projects the scope for this role is to look into newer technologies and explore things like VR, AR and IOT further down the line.
As for culture, the business has seen the value in UX, you will help to demonstrate this further but you wouldn’t be walking into a business where UCD and UX are entirely new. You’ll have a good senior team around you to support you and a big audience for your projects, they are a true market leader in their field.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- An experienced UX practitioner with skills in research and / or interaction design.
- A confident leader; you may not be a seasoned manager but will have the skills and confidence required to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in delivering both responsive web and app projects.
- Extremely organised, able to manage the teams workflow and prioritise effectively.
- Good senior stakeholder management.
- A research lean would be attractive in this role.
- Any eCommerce experience preferable.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
In return for your talents you’ll be given some fantastic career progression. Benefits include a companywide bonus, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and flexibility where needed.
Please apply with an up to date CV and any supporting documents to be considered.Back to jobs