— Customer Facing Digital Services
- End to end design for a native mobile app, customer facing website and internal systems.
- Join a small but tight knit UX function.
- Be supported with great training and development opportunities.
We’re looking for a designer with skills in user experience and user interface design to join a Bristol based team. The business works in a high growth, high profile industry that caters to an international user base. Their sector demands both innovation and simplicity from their products and services.
What you’ll be doing
The designer will be sat amongst a growing UX & design department. This centralised team supports the business across all of its digital products and services; this includes a customer facing website, an app, internal business systems and customer acquisition / management tools. In the future there is potential to be involved in projects involving connected homes and the internet of things.
As it stands all designers in the team have skills in UX and UI. This means you will support the entire design process; from discovery and research through wireframing and prototyping and finally to the high-fidelity visuals.
User research within the business is largely remote user testing and guerrilla testing on site with existing customers. More extensive research projects are run by a number of highly respected local agency partners and led by the head of UX.
The client understands that applicants will come from a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets, some of the UX and research practices can be taught but visual design skills and a knowledge of user centred design practices overall are a must.
What experience you’ll need
- Previous experience in a digital design role; creating customer facing products and services.
- Good user interface design and prototyping experience, confident with tools such as Sketch, Invision, Proto.IO, Axure etc.
- Practical experience in or exposure to the whole digital product design lifecycle (research > design > release > test > iterate)
- Open minded, creative and passionate about design and user experience.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll join a business that’s well recognised for looking after it’s people; not just in work / life balance but also real investment in people’s skills and careers. Along with the salary on offer you’ll receive an annual bonus, 25 days holiday and a host of other benefits.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Apply today with your CV and some work examples and we’ll be in touch to go over the details.