Web Developer (PHP, JS)
— Top Software House, R&D
- Great opportunity to learn Symfony, Vue, React and more!
- Fast-growing, successful software house, R&D focus.
- Hackathons, tech conferences, training and more.
Based in central Bristol (BS1), they produce some seriously smart software, including SAAS, for a variety of businesses - always with the aim to improve performance for their top clients. They're a fairly young company as they go with 35-40 talented people onboard but they're in an incredibly strong position due to their fantastic products and loyal client base.
What experience you'll need
- Solid PHP development skills.
- Familiar with one of the following PHP frameworks; Symfony, Zend, Laravel.
- Familiar with CSS Pre-Processors (Preferably SASS).
- MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
- An understanding of the benefits of unit testing.
- An interest in working in an Agile environment.
- Any knowledge or interest in learning any of the following is desirable; VirtualBox and/or Docker, Ansible, ORMs (Preferably Doctrine 2), PHPUnit, SOLID principles, REST, Flux / Redux, Elasticsearch.
What you'll be doing
To fit in here you must be ambitious, dedicated and innovative when it comes to seeking out better ways of creating software plus youll have a true passion for technology and making things work well. You could be working on a range of longer life cycle projects, including performance management systems, as well as other platforms and high traffic international websites. You'll be taking part in code reviews, optimising and upgrading existing systems as well as creating new products from scratch, always ensuring they are the best they can be. So you'll really get the chance to sink your teeth in and make a huge impact on exciting products throughout the whole development cycle.
What you'll get in return for your talents
In return for your skills and hard work, youll be rewarded with a starting salary of up to £30-37K, a great package plus fantastic long term prospects as they have really big plans for the future. They have a fantastic working environment with a smart central office, an Agile/Scrum approach and a strong focus on learning and development including the opportunity to pursue courses, certification and tech conferences. You'll get to be involved with regular hackathons plus Friday beers, table football, regular socials, so this really is a brilliant, friendly and hardworking team to be a part of - they are really proud of what they produce, always sharing skills and ideas and constantly striving to produce their best software solutions yet.
Heard enough? Get your CV across now to Mike (01179269530) for immediate consideration.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Mulesoft, Mule ESBLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive
— Remote Working - High profile productsLocation:South Wales/RemoteType:Salary:Up to £250 p/day
— Up to 4 days remote workingLocation:CirencesterSalary:£35K-£45K