— outstanding software house, Java 8
- Work with the latest Java versions.
- Leading developer of complex software solutions.
- Flexible working hours, on-site parking, research & development.
An award-winning software house is going through a real period of growth and is looking for skilled Java Developers to join them in their Bristol or Chippenham offices. They work with some of the largest technology businesses in the world across some seriously exctiting sectors such as envrionment, space, government, marine and robotics & AI. You'll be contributing to a variety of projects from applications used in planetary exploration, navigation software used by the RNLI & naval fleets, media & newsroom management sytems to name a few. You will have the opportunity to occasionally visit client site to provide support and see the real world application of your work first hand.
What skills you'll be needing
- An experienced background developing with Java.
- Recent experience using Java 8
- Understanding of good software development practices.
- Ability to pick up new skills and technologies.
- Good communication skills.
- Using Java in an eclipse environment is desirable.
- Programming in C++ would be a bonus along with UML knowledge
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Security clearance is desirable.
What you'll be doing
Using high-end software tools and modern programming practices you will be getting involved with some exciting projects where you'll be involved with all aspects of software development lifecycle and be responsible for the implementation of software components using Java and support for current systems software. You will be working in a collaborative team of talented engineers in the office but also have the opportunity to visit customer sites to assist with testing and provide support/training.
What you'll get in return for your talents
On top of a salary of £50K you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with an on-site gym and café in Chippenham. You will have the opportunity for training and to pick up new skills.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to Ellen (01179 269 530),
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Multiple projects, customer-focusedLocation:BristolSalary:£58K - £95K
— Open Source & Functional ProgrammingLocation:BristolSalary:£58K - £95K
— High Growth, Digital Consultancy, Progressive TechLocation:West WiltshireSalary:£40K-£50K