— Java, outstanding software house
- Application & web based solutions that create real business benefit.
- Work with some of the largest technology businesses in the world.
- Flexible working, R&D led business, on-site parking, gym & café.
An award-winning software house is looking for a Technical Architect to join them in their Bristol or Chippenham offices. They work with some of the largest technology businesses in the world across some seriously exciting sectors such as environment, space, government, marine and robotics & AI. As a Technical Architect you will be contributing to a range of projects from from applications used for planetary exploration, navigation software used by the RNLI & naval fleets, or newsroom & media management systems. You will be on hand to provide technical expertise to team members and customers, occasionally travelling to client site to offer support and see your work first hand.
What skills you’ll need
- Experience designing & implementing large-scale applications or web solutions.
- Previous experience of software development, preferably with Java.
- Understanding of design and modelling techniques such as UML.
- Familiarity with web application development, integration and testing such as JSF, Spring.
- An understanding of software standards like ISO9001 & ISO 20000:1.
- Strong knowledge of multi-tier client-server architecture.
- An understanding of security policies, virtualisation strategies & sub-capacity licensing would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of middleware architectures (i.e. ESB & SOA) and enterprise databases such as SQL-Server & Oracle would be highly desirable.
- An understanding of project management, Quality Assurance or cloud hosting models would also be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
As a Technical Architect you will contribute to a variety of exciting new and existing projects, providing direction and leadership to all aspects of application architecture, infrastructure and application design. You will take full responsibility of the overall system architecture, eliciting business requirements and selecting the appropriate design standards, methods and tools to ensure technical solutions are deliverable against business needs. You will be able to effectively estimate the cost and implementation timescales for certain IT solutions, including the potential impact these will have on customers, such as licensing costs, the phasing out of legacy systems and training etc., to guide the selection of solutions for specific projects. Further, you will contribute to bids and pre-sales support, providing your technical expertise to team members and customers, occasionally visiting customer site to offer support and see the real world application of your work.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you get to work on some tech-leading projects in some seriously exciting sectors you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with an on-site gym and café. You will have the opportunity for training and to pick up new skills.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to Ellen (01179 269 530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Architecture jobsSearch all jobs
— Remote working with option to work in BathLocation:Remote/or BathSalary:£60K-£80K
— Remote role with option to work in BathLocation:Remote/or BathSalary:£90K-£110K
— Highly ethical brand.Location:WiltshireSalary:£60K - £80K