— Varied work in friendly and dynamic team
• Fast-Growing laboratory.
• Positive, patient centred work environment.
• Variety of tasks and development.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing histopathology laboratory using digital diagnostics for disease detection. Supporting histopathologists and research facilities in analysis via digital whole slide scanning. They seek a HCPC Registered Biomedical Scientist (BMS) to join the laboratory team testing a range of biological samples.
What you'll be doing:
- Prioritising specimens received based on histological knowledge.
- Preparing clinical specimen within the laboratory.
- Tissue embedding, sectioning, and staining.
- Confidential data handling on LIMS and pathological reports.
What experience you will need to apply:
- BSc or equivalent in a biological discipline, registered as a BMS with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Specialist skills in one or more of; Immunocytochemistry, Frozen Sectioning, Automated Histopathological procedures, and Clinical Specimen preparation.
- Experience working in a pathology laboratory and knowledge of cytological /histopathology techniques.
- Familiarity with ISO 15189 2012 and Human Tissue Act.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
To be part of a fast paced and varied laboratory team providing valuable sample reports to top consultant histopathologists.
£28,000 - £38,000 per annum, experience dependent.
Commutable from Cambridge, Peterborough, Kettering and Corby.
If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging histology BMS role speak to Jazz Jones.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Lead a friendly and dynamic team in a fast growing companyLocation:CambridgeshireSalary:Competitive
— Disruptive Biotech innovatorLocation:HertfordshireSalary:£70,000 - £100,000
— Rapidly expanding biotechLocation:North YorkshireSalary:£50000 - £70000