Senior Biomedical Scientist
— Lead a friendly and dynamic team in a fast growing company
• Management of a high-achieving team.
• Positive, patient-centred work environment.
• Variety of tasks and development.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing histopathology laboratory using digital diagnostics for disease detection. Supporting histopathologists and research facilities in analysis via digital whole slide scanning. They seek a Senior Biomedical Scientist (BMS) to manage a team of BMSs and Medical Laboratory Assistants (MLAs) reporting directly to the Laboratory Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Prioritising specimens received based on histological knowledge.
- Preparing clinical specimen within the laboratory.
- Development of new histological techniques.
- Laboratory stock and equipment management.
- Management of BMSs and MLAs including training.
What experience you will need to apply:
- BSc or equivalent in a biological discipline, registered as a BMS with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Team and staff management experience.
- Laboratory bench skills and an ability to maintain good laboratory records.
- Specialist skills in one or more of; Immunocytochemistry, Frozen Sectioning, Automated Histopathological procedures, and Clinical Specimen preparation.
- Experience working in a pathology laboratory and knowledge of cytological/histopathology techniques.
- Familiarity with ISO 15189 2012 and Human Tissue Act.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
To be part of a high-achieving, knowledgeable laboratory team providing valuable sample reports to top consultant histopathologists.
Commutable from Cambridge, Peterborough, Kettering, and Corby.
If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging Senior BMS role speak to Jazz Jones.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Varied work in friendly and dynamic teamLocation:CambridgeshireSalary:Competitive
— Disruptive Biotech innovatorLocation:HertfordshireSalary:£70,000 - £100,000
— Rapidly expanding biotechLocation:North YorkshireSalary:£50000 - £70000