— Work as the Black Soldier Fly (BSF) Expert for a fast-growing and exciting entomology start-up, working to fix the broken food chain .
- Work to optimise and develop new solutions for BSF rearing and breeding.
- Join an entomology start-up, using BSF to recycle nutrients in the food chain.
- Attend events and represent the company on a variety of professional settings within the BSF community.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and well-backed start-up who deploy insect farming in a decentralised and modular fashion. Work at the intersection between the Biology and Production teams, acting as the key reference point on all BSF biology-related enquiries related to rearing and breeding. Your role will include developing new solutions to current and future challenges, working on rearing scale-up plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working to explore the biology of BSF and looking to grow seedstock breeding centres. You will be in charge of overseeing critical BSF biology aspects in a multidisciplinary team tasked with improving the efficiency of existing operations and processes.
- Working alongside the Biology and Production teams to support centralised breeding and decentralised rearing scale-up plans.
- This role will include running trials, optimising specific breeding stage operations, and developing new solutions to current and future challenges.
- Work with a diverse team to deliver commercial-scale breeding centres and decentralised bioconversion fleets across the UK and internationally.
What experience you’ll need to apply:
- Prior industrial experience in BSF rearing and/or breeding is essential.
- Scale-up of production over time, for both larvae (rearing) and eggs (breeding). Active participation in BSF scale-up decision making.
- Proven ability to run complex and long-term biological experiments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing datasets and making decisions based on available data.
- Collaborative team player, who is able to think innovatively when faced with new challenges and opportunities.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
Not only will your work have a positive impact on the world by addressing a global problem, but you will also have the opportunity to work alongside a creative and brilliant team who are all mission driven. Competitive salary dependant on experience.
- 34 days of holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Pension scheme.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Mileage Allowance Payments (MAPs).
- Opportunity for equity.
If you would like to work as the BSF Expert within an exciting and fast-growing start-up, please apply for the position, or get in touch with Imogen Turner for more information.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Drug Discovery BiotechLocation:Cambridgeshire, UKSalary:Competitive
— Join one the UK's leading Technology Transfer organisationsLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:£30,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
— Plant Science scale-upLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:Competitive with 10% bonus and share options