Application Security Engineer
— digital transformation
- Exciting time to be joining a company who are currently going through a big digital transformation
- Great benefits package 12% pension, bonus, healthcare insurance
- Friendly, close knit business that can offer good career progression
An opportunity is available for an Application Security Engineer to join a financial services company in Cardiff who are currently going through a huge digital transformation. Your role will be to analyse applications from a security perspective and work closely with the development teams to help resolve any identified security issues.
What skills you’ll need
- Solid background in Cyber Security
- Experience with vulnerability testing tools
- Good knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps practices
- Cloud technologies (ideally Azure)
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, MySQL
What you’ll be doing
Your role will be to analyse applications from a security perspective and work closely with the development teams to help resolve any identified security issues. As well as this, you will also work with a wide range of other technical teams that such as infrastructure, architecture, service delivery, test and business units. Part of your role will be to consult the business on security for applications and consult on relevant tools and processes. You will be responsible for implementing new application security technologies that are up to date and in line with the latest industry trends. Producing an application security strategy and lead the changes necessary to ensure this is adopted by the wider business. As the business grows, there will be a need to use services via third parties and your role will be to manage those vendors.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
On offer is a salary up to £58,000, you will also receive 12% pension, annual bonus, 27.5 days holiday, life cover 10 x salary, salary sacrifice scheme (private dental, health insurance, retail vouchers, cycle to work scheme), on-site gym and a discounted staff restaurant.
Sound great? Send in your CV now for more info to Paige or call 01179 269 530.