— Drupal, PHP Development / Linux System Administration
- Working in an openly collaborative and accessible team.
- Flexible working hours, with business trust.
- Great career progression within a department open to ideas.
Award-winning financial services company based in central Cardiff are looking for a Technical Lead to join their growing team in Cardiff. This is not a lead role in the truest sense. What we are looking for is someone to come in and ‘own’ certain aspects of the technical department. Working with the Team Lead, you will either own the backend development processes or have total control over the Linux systems environment. Part of your role will also be to follow the latest technology trend, then suggest and manage change where suitable.
What skills you’ll need
- Linux System Administration, such as Apache Server.
- Object oriented PHP and Drupal (7/8) development exposure.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Commercial awareness of Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to convey technological complexities clearly.
Due to the collaborative nature of the role, people with strong back end development skills *and/or* Linux server administration will be considered.
What you’ll be doing
Working closely with the Technical Team Lead, you will fully own the backend development aspect of a key department within the business. Or fully manage, develop and administrate the Linux Apache server environment. Working within a team of 6, you will work with the Front-End Dev’s and the Tech Lead to manage a process changes to a more cloud-based infrastructure and headless CMS environment. You will be the type of individual who embeds themselves in Technology and is not afraid to suggest improvement where justified.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
On offer is a salary range of £30,000-£40,000, you will also receive a generous benefits package which includes share scheme, pension 6% matched contribution, life assurance, travel season ticket loans, gym membership, free parking, cycle to work scheme, parental perks and more. As well as this, they are committed to your professional development and can offer an in-depth training and development plan.
To discuss this outstanding opportunity in detail, send in your CV for more info to Rich or call 01179 269 530.