You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Exciting Cardiff Start-Up
- Work with an exciting start-up business in partnership with a big name brand.
- Enjoy a great office space with an on-site gym, games room and top location.
- Play a key role in the businesses UX maturity and design capability.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer to join one of Cardiff’s most exciting start-ups. Though they’re a start-up they have the backing of a hugely successful and well established brand in their sector. You'll join the business as they invest further in the product and their users in this great role.
What you’ll be doing
The UX/UI Designer is a newly created role for the business and will focus on the design, prototyping and testing of their B2C website and flagship app. You will improve existing journeys as well as design new features.
To begin with this role will sit within the existing marketing team and work closely with the CTO, marketing director, a CX specialist, graphic designer and the wider development team. As the product offering grows it’s likely the UX and design team will evolve in line with this and break out into its own function.
In this role we need someone with an entrepeneurial spirit and a fairly multidisciplinary skillset. The UX/UI Designer will be creative with a good understanding of brand and what this means for digital product design, user centred in their approach and able to work in an iterative fashion.
This role will act as the bridge between design and development and play a crucial role in the evolution of the service.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Experience within either a user experience role or user interface design capacity but with some skills in both.
- Evidence of UI designs you’ve produced and the user centred approach taken to get there.
- Able to test your ideas and produce wireframes and prototypes as part of an iterative design process.
- Experience of working on Fintech or financial services products desirable.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, self motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience of working on native apps desirable (IOS & Android).
- Familiarity with usability tools (such as Hotjar, Crazy Egg or Decibel insight)
- Comfortable working in Agile/Scrum environment.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll enjoy some great benefits including private medical cover, flexible working, a contemporary office space (as part of a creative community of businesses), onsite gym a games room and more.
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio or case studies showcasing the desired experience.