You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Digital Product Designer
— Green Energy Solutions
- Enjoy being part of a truly progressive business.
- Design products and services that positively impact the environment.
- Be part of a tight knit UX community practice.
*This employer is set up for remote onboarding and continuing recruitment as normal
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a number of Digital Product Designers to join a green energy supplier in central London. There are two positions available; one focussed on bringing fundamental energy services to their members, the other on creating tools that help people understand and reduce their carbon footprint. The team is on a mission to a net zero carbon future and these roles are an exciting opportunity to get involved.
UX as a function is decentralised; this means that design specialists are embedded within teams that have a shared mission or product focus. You’ll be part of a tight knit design community but have the benefit from really getting under the skin of a specific challenge or in understanding a subset of users in great detail. The UX community within the business is strong and well connected so you can be sure you’ll have plenty of interaction with other designers, as well as reap the rewards of working in cross functional teams and with those from diverse backgrounds.
As a Product Designer you’ll act as design resource for a number of teams that have a shared mission but sometimes very different outputs. One of your teams could want a lo-fi prototype put together for a new feature they’re trailing whilst another could call on you to support on a longer term and much more involved discovery piece. There will be a wide variety of challenges to get stuck into but it’ll require you to manage your own time and resources effectively, you’ll ultimately decide where to spend your time and how to support these teams in their goals.
What experience you’ll need
- Be a design thinker; not just interested in beautification but driven by understanding your users and solving problems.
- Able to rapidly create concepts and prototypes both low and high fidelity.
- Adopt a critical thinking process when approaching challenges of all kinds.
- Experienced in modern design tools and with contemporary design techniques.
- Able to work collaboratively with people from all backgrounds and skillsets.
- Great stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Experienced in Agile and iterative in your design process.
What you’ll get in return
In return for your talents you’ll join a mission driven team and design products that are working towards a zero carbon future. You’ll enjoy 25 days holiday + your birthday off, performance related bonus, flexible benefits, free breakfast every day and a fantastic culture.