You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Computer Vision Research Engineer
— Cutting Edge R&D
Computer Vision Research Engineer
- Cutting-edge Computer Vision technology.
- Well established start-up working with well know clients.
- Join a company with strong growth plans – even post-COVID!
A leading biometrics start-up is currently looking for a Computer Vision Research Engineer to join their fast expanding research and development team and contribute to their cutting-edge biometrics’ product.
Based in London (working remotely for the foreseeable), you’ll join a low-ego, high-performance team where you’ll be trusted to work independently while receiving support from an experienced leadership team.
What you’ll be doing
- R&D role sitting as a dual role between research & development.
- The first part of the role will be conducting state-of-the-art research projects in the areas of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Biometrics
- The second part of the role is working closely with the development team to implement said research and turn it into production code.
- You’ll contribute to the research strategy of the company while communicating your personal and team achievements to the rest of the company.
What experience you’ll need
- Masters or Ph.D. in a STEM subject such as computer science, engineering, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics.
- Industry or academic experience in Computer Vision, Machine Vision, or Machine Learning.
- A keen mathematical or algorithmic mind.
- Experience in coding languages such as Python, C++, Matlab, etc.
- Any existing publication in well-known Computer Vision or Machine Learning conferences, journals, or papers in a bonus but not a necessity. These can include CVPR, ECCV, BMVC, ICCB, SIGGRAPH, ICRA, ICML, ISMLAR, or similar publications.
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills. You will be working with multiple teams in the company so you should have the ability to state your viewpoint articulately.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll have the opportunity to work on genuinely cutting edge technology that is currently being used by multiple well-known brands and organisations. You’ll work with experienced leadership and have a chance to learn a lot while contributing a huge amount right from the start.
Please apply with the latest copy of your CV and I will be in touch with full details. If you think you are a great fit for the role then please contact Jake on firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
— Exciting Tech StartupLocation:LondonSalary:£50000 - £70000Assist with the development of a new Data Science function. Exciting well-funded startup Amazing opportunity at the start of an extremely exciting company. A well-funded, fast-growing Tech startup in London is currently looking for a top-tier Senior Data Scientist to head up their new Data Science team. Following a recent, large funding round, they are looking to expand the team with more world-class individuals. You will be their first, dedicated Data Science hire, so you’ll really have the opportunity to develop an amazing product that you can call yours. What you’ll be doing You’ll be primarily working to push the development of new features for their product. As well as supporting the creation and implementation of Data Science solutions. Mainly looking at customer data you’ll be tasked with looking into conversion rates, engagement and churn as well as looking at any potential bottlenecks and insights from their behaviour. Creating actionable solutions to business problems using Machine Learning, Statistical and Analytical techniques as well as also playing a key part in the automation and optimization of processes and the implementation of new models and algorithms. This is a broad role with the chance to get stuck in with a range to tools and technologies. What experience you’ll need to apply At least 3 years experience of working as a Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer in a similar environment Technically you’ll mainly be using Python (think libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn and PyTorch) NLP experience is vital here given the type of data you’ll be working with. Communication skills are key are you’ll be dealing with stakeholders inside and outside of the business. Not be afraid to get involved in the many tasks working in a startup can throw at you. What you’ll get in return for your experience The salary on this one is £50K - £70K alongside equity options. The role will be primarily remote for the meantime but will be based in Central London once COVID restrictions have been eased. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to work on a game changing product at an early stage and has the opportunity for the right person to build a really interesting team around them. What's next? If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Adam with your updated CV and we’ll handle the rest.