Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
— Incredible opportunity to join a global design and engineering firm
- Opportunity to join a leading global firm who offer a broad range of professional services.
- Great chance to work on exciting projects within the engineering field.
- Industry leading benefits package.
My client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Their success has come from their outstanding understanding of their clients’ needs, combined with the application of leading-edge technology and proven management excellence. They have over 15,000 employees based in more than 90 offices across 38 countries. Their unique structure, with the firm held in trust on behalf of its employees, gives us complete independence.
What you'll be doing
This role sits within their digital hub and infrastrcuture team, you will be reporting into the director of cloud and the data platform lead.
- You will be required to work closely with colleagues across data science, data engieering and software development.
- You will bring creativity, technical knowledge, and hands-on experience to support the design, development and implementation of new capabilities within a global Data Infrastructure programme that facilitates engineering and data automation.
- You will design, develop, deploy and help operate the global cloud infrastructure that supports our applications and services to clients.
- You will bring technical excellence and a passion for building and operating scalable, secure, distributed systems and automating these wherever possible.
What experince you'll need to apply
You know that adoption of cloud computing is as much about ways of working as it is about the technology, and have demonstrable experience of leading and mentoring others on this journey. You will bring technical excellence and a passion for building and operating scalable, secure, distributed systems, and automating these wherever possible.
- Expert experience of delivering solutions running on cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS and/or Azure), covering the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience with delivering cloud solutions based upon PaaS/serverless offerings.
- Experience of Linux system administration, configuration and management.
- Knowledge of network design and configuration, e.g. VPCs, VPNs, routing.
- Experience of designing and operating secure cloud environments, including concepts such as load-balancing and autoscaling.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, configuration management principles and tools, and Terraform.
- Experience of developing, deploying and managing containerised services, and configuring and managing Kubernetes and/or serverless container environments and associated ecosystems/tools.
- Experience of deploying and managing microservice architectures and environments.
- Experience of developing continuous integration/deployment workflows and tools, and supporting others in using these.
- Fluency in a mainstream programming language that can support cloud infrastructure?£?automation tasks, preferably Python.
- Experience building solutions which interface with corporate IT systems, such as monitoring security and support.
What you'll get in return for your expereince
My client offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in their sector.
Core benefits include:
- Cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance).
- Life Assurance.
- Accident Insurance.
- Income Protection (long term disability) cover.
- You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
- All permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. (Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click the link to apply and I will be in touch.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Involved in Connected Services, IoT, Cloud Infrastructure, DataLocation:Cheltenham / RemoteSalary:£70K - £80K
— Gaming industry giantsLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£25K - £29K
— Gaming industry giantsLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£35K - £43K