— EdTech software specialists
- Develop innovative tools for the education sector, be fully trained in Go.
- Join a truly purpose driven team who are passionate about what they do.
- Enjoy a culture centred around health and wellbeing with great benefits including private medical, generous holiday and a competitive salary.
An EdTech provider based in Devon who produce cutting-edge software for schools are looking for a talented Software Developer to join their seriously talented team. To stand a chance you’ll need to be a strong graduate, a graduate with some good commercial experience, or quite simply a truly talented developer. Think this could be you?
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Familiarity with developing and testing modern web applications using React, TypeScript or related technologies.
- Either a good degree in Computer Science, Maths or similar, or proven strong commercial experience.
- Any experience with Go, Kubernetes and Google Cloud would be seen as a bonus.
- Ideally experience of building, testing and supporting services throughout their whole life-cycle.
- The ability to explain complex technical concepts simply to a range of stakeholders.
- A good customer focus and understanding.
- Be purpose driven and have a genuine care for how code is used.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be part of the team developing their two different education products using real-time feedback from users and working with all members of the team, from product owners to content developers. Finding solutions to challenging problems when building large-scale systems and writing code that you’ll be proud of is essential. You’ll contribute to continuous feedback, improving ways of working in the scrum team, and introducing new technologies when you can. Managing tickets through the full development, review, testing and deployment cycle will be key as well as potentially leading on the technical design of product features. You’ll either join as a recent graduate (as a Junior Developer), or already holding practical / commercial experience delivering complex software solutions (as a Software Developer). You’ll need to be very capable and keen to grow, developing your own skills with the company over time and really care about your code and how it’s being used.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll join a purpose driven team that’s changing the face of education and learning. You’ll build products that have a positive impact on the world and come at a time when they’re needed most. You’ll also be given fully funded training in Go if you don’t have any experience prior to joining. The team is currently working remotely but when in the office you’ll enjoy a fantastic space and work for a business that places health and wellbeing top of the agenda. You’ll enjoy private medical and dental cover, a great holiday allowance, a competitive salary and a very rewarding and nurturing culture. It’s a really big opportunity!!
To be considered you’ll need to apply with an up-to-date portfolio or Github account link with recent submissions, or URL’s if you can provide them. Get your details over to Tareek asap (01179 269 530 email@example.com)
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £350 p/day
— Biggest global brandsLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£30K-£40K
— 2 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £300 p/day