Senior Application Support Engineer
— Java, Oracle, SQL, XML, SOAP
- Progressive company with massive growth plans in place.
- Lots of autonomy, great scope for training & development.
- 30 days holiday and incredibly generous benefits.
A rapidly-expanding financial services company in Croydon are looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer to support the Leader of the Application Management team. Following a recent acquisition, the business is moving from strength-to-strength at pace, with extensive growth plans in place and very good scope for internal progression and personal development.
What skills you’ll need
- Background in application support with proven programming experience using Java/J2EE, and full understanding of the SDLC.
- Ability to provide analysis, testing & deployment capability across a multitude of systems.
- Good understanding of Oracle or SQL. Knowledge of both would be really useful.
- Solid experience using XML/SOAP for documentation.
- Any awareness of Git/JIRA/Confluence for version control would be advantageous.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Financial services domain experience would be handy, but isn’t a deal-breaker.
- If you have any understanding of Guidewire, you’ll be top of the list! This is by no means essential though.
What you’ll be doing
Joining an application management team of 3, you will engage with end users to identify & report incidents, providing expert application support up to code level fixes. There is a multitude of systems to take care of, including an insurance platform, cost centre, billing centre & policy centre, so it’s expected that you’ll gain a functional understanding of the application as a whole to ensure efficient service is maintained at all times. You’ll be specifying, coding, testing & deploying various data/functional/technical fixes, as well as implementing continuous service improvement standards alongside the test of your team. There is a lot of autonomy in this role so self-starters are needed, you will also need a high level of communication skills as there will be a lot of internal customer engagement involved. There is an on-call aspect to this role; one in every four weeks for evenings/weekends.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The business offers a generous rewards structure which includes 30 days holiday (with the option to buy more) and a competitive pension scheme which pays twice the amount you choose to pay in up to 14%. They also offer an annual bonus scheme based on personal & company performance, private medical insurance, a flexible benefits package, on top of 25-50% discounts on a range of their products! The culture is awesome, lots of training, good scope to progress quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to be their best, so give Joe a call or send in your CV to have a chat!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Infrastructure & Support jobsSearch all jobs
— eCommerce consultancy/Lifestyle brandsLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £30k
— exciting opportunity within IoTLocation:WiltshireSalary:£75K
— Incredible opportunity to progressLocation:BristolSalary:£50K - £65K