Senior Backend Engineer
- Gain exposure to the Crypto space.
- Work on an API that gets over 400 million calls per day from 5 million unique users.
- Fully Remote opportunity.
Do you want to work for a global leader in digital asset data providing institutional and retail investors with real-time and historical data spanning 5,000 coins and 250,000 currency pairs. By aggregating and analysing tick data from globally recognised exchanges and seamlessly integrating multiple datasets, they offer a comprehensive, granular overview of the market across trade, order book, historical, social and blockchain data.
What you'll be doing:
They are looking for a Senior Engineer to join their data API & Streaming engineering team, working closely with their Chief Technical Officer and Senior Product Managers. Working on their systems will give you exposure to a high throughput (400 million calls per day from 5 million unique users) API, high throughput websocket based streaming and the ability to directly take feedback & work with users of the system. They are currently undergoing a platform upgrade to provide a range of new data feeds and extended metrics to our users which you would work on in this role - so it is a great time to get involved!
Your day to day will include:
- Designing and implementing highly available, fault tolerant APIs.
- Working in close collaboration with infrastructure and data processing teams.
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for throughput.
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving our ways of working.
- Creating detailed internal documentation for the systems you work on.
What experience you'll need to apply:
They'd love to hear from you if you have expereince in the following -
- Backend API service development.
- Backend Node.js or a strong desire to transition into it.
- RESTful services.
- Relational and non-relational database structures (we use Postgres & Redis).
What you'll get in return for your experience:
My client are offering a competitive salary (up to £90,000pa) for this role combined with a great benefits package. Highlights include a Wellness and Training Stipend, disrectionary bonus and more.
Like the sound of this one? Apply with your CV or get in touch with Gareth to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 2-3 days on-siteLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£27K - £30K
— Agritech start-up // Fully Remote // Great BenefitsLocation:Remote UK, UKSalary:£60,000
— Global property & architecture businessLocation:Remote, UK, UKSalary:£80,000