Senior Biochemist/Protein Scientist
— Join a fast moving, stimulating and commercially led research environment.
- Work on an exciting new project with opportunity to develop your experience.
- Fast-paced, stimulating and commercially led environment.
- Growing company working with world-leading biochemist.
This is an opportunity to join a University of Dundee Spin-Out company specialising in proteomic analysis using mass spectrometry led by Professor Angus Lamond. You will work within the University Labs in a commercial laboratory on an exciting new project to identify novel human tumour-specific antigens.
What you'll be doing:
- Contributing to the design and piloting of the methodology and being responsible for the process applied to human tumour samples to isolate MHC complexes and purify associated immune-peptides for downstream MS analysis.
- Development of a high-throughput proteomics platform, including setup, method optimisation, implementation of QC workflows and efficient integration with downstream data analysis.
- Human Tissue Sample Preparation.
- Technology development for HLA peptidomics including new strategies and methodologies for target identification and characterisation using a diverse set of biochemistry and mass spectrometry techniques.
- MS-based peptide identification and data visualisation.
- Data Analytics and Preparation.
What experience you will need to apply:
- Science based degree (Biochemistry or Molecular Biology preferred), ideally PhD.
- Previous experience working with protein and peptide purification and analysis.
- Prior experience in purifying MHC complexes and MHC-associated.
- Team and project management skills with strong communication skills.
- Data analysis and evaluation experience.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
To be part of a growing company that emphasises innovation working in world-leading facilities. Work is varied with a great opportunity to develop both scientific experience in a commercial environment.
Competitive Salary with generous annual leave.
Location, commutable from Dundee, Perth, Montros & Forfar.
Permanent Role, initial 18 months fixed term contract with potential to extend.
If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging Scientist role speak to Jazz Jones.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— World Leading Biodiversity companyLocation:SurreySalary:Up to £40,000
— Science Graduates and Scientists, join us!Location:BristolSalary:£18,000 - £25,000 base plus commission, profit share and benefits
— Join a company that will revolutionise the future of therapeuticsLocation:North YorkshireSalary:Up to £60,000