You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
UX Designer / Researcher
— One of the most exciting projects in the South West
- Work to GDS Design Principles.
- Enjoy a great benefits package including 33 days holiday (+bank holidays), a bonus and a pragmatic work from home policy.
- Fixed-term contract until May 2019.
An organisation in Swindon is building a team of three UX'ers, they now need a UX Researcher/Designer to join them and help shape their service offering. You’ll enjoy one of the best benefits packages around and you’ll be working within GDS guidelines so this is a chance to play a part in one of the most exciting projects in the South West.
What you’ll be doing
The current in-house has an MVP that’s just launched into public beta. You’ll identify any user problems that have arisen based on data from the beta launch and you’ll also be responsible for rolling out the functionality outlined in the feature roadmap.
You’re going to be undertaking user research, stakeholder interviews, workshops and requirements gathering as part of a multidisciplinary team. If you've got interaction design abilities, you’re going to be protyping your ideas out for new features and then go on to validate your thinking with real users.
It’s a complex, feature rich service so there’s a large amount of work to conceive, test and iterate on.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need experience of working as a UX Researcher and/or Designer
- You’ll have worked on projects that have followed a truly UCD approach
- You’ll have a breadth of experience across user research, running requirements gathering workshops and usability testing, any interaction design skills would be a bonus.
- As the team works to agile you’ll need an understanding of the methodology and see the benefit it brings to the UCD process.
- Whilst not a necessity, experience of working to GDS would be beneficial to your application
What you’ll get in return for your talents
If you’re successful here you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most innovative businesses within the UK. You’ll be learning from an established team and have 33 days holiday (+ bank holidays) as part of your package.
There’s a salary of around £35k-£45k on offer here as part of a fixed-term contract that runs until May 2019.
Please apply with an up to date CV and ideally a portfolio and I'll be in touch to talk through the details of the project.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: