Lead PHP Developer
— Outstanding Software House
- Industry leading digital specialist, growing at pace.
- PHP, Laravel, Symfony, TDD, AWS.
- Fully Remote, monthly trip to HQ.
One of the UK’s top digital specialists within the travel and hospitality sector are looking to bolster their development team with the recruitment of a Lead PHP Developer. You’ll be leading a small, highly motivated team to further progress their world-leading product suite. Working fully remote (if you like) with the odd trip to their Cheltenham office, this is a chance to join a progressive and super-friendly tech-focused company on the up.
What skills you'll be needing
- An extensive background in web application development/software engineering with PHP and frameworks (they work with Laravel, Symfony).
- Deep understanding of API architecture and modelling for enterprise, modular applications.
- You practice and understand the value of Test Driven Development and are experienced with testing frameworks.
- An advocate of agile development and care about the processes and collaboration that make it successful.
- Passionate about writing clean, simple and efficient code.
- Experience performing code reviews, refactoring and debugging.
- Integrating with third party APIs (REST, SOAP).
- Knowledge of how to effectively use, design and optimise relational databases (MySQL).
- Knowledge of how to use AWS services (EC2, ECS, Lambda).
- Basic DevOps skills (CI/CD tools, Terraform).
- Comfortable working with common development tools such as Git and Docker.
What you'll be doing
You'll work within the agile software development team on product platforms creating and maintaining industry ground-breaking applications using PHP/Symfony/Laravel, while following high standards of quality. This is a hands-on development role leading the back-end developers day to day, finding and delivering solutions, but working in close collaboration with the whole agile team - particularly the front-end lead, DevOps and product director/owner. They’re keen to find someone to help them improve process, tooling and techniques to improve productivity and work calmly under pressure. You’ll be relied upon to keep abreast of new technologies, share your knowledge with the team and run workshops to help others learn and develop.
What you'll get in return for your talents
There’s a great opportunity here to come in and put your mark on the Back-End side of their flourishing business. Along with a competitive salary (£60-70K), personal development plan, flexitime, generous hols, pension, Christmas and Summer parties, lunch and learns, a fun and friendly team. If you’re looking to work with a dedicated and enthusiastic bunch of people with autonomy over the choice of tech and in a role with variety then this is definitely one for you.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now to Mike for more info.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Well-reputed Design & eCommerce AgencyLocation:Bath / 100% RemoteSalary:£25K - £30K
— Diverse greenfield projects which you'll leadLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K - £55K
— Progressive Digital SpecialistLocation:Fully Remote (UK) or CheltenhamSalary:£50K-£60K