Technical Operations Engineer
— Get your SC Clearance!
- Big focus on R&D.
- Diverse team and projects.
- Annual bonus, awesome benefits, very busy due to success!
I’m looking for an Operations Engineer to join a tech company who provide a range of public sector clients with research, tech and products surrounding cyber and comms security. They’re based in Gloucestershire, initially full remote but will be more office-based when restrictions lift. Due to the nature of the project work you’ll need to be eligible for SC Clearance.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in a technical operations environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux OS and infrastructure, either hosted or cloud-based. Windows is a bonus.
- Experience with infrastructure security and monitoring, any CyberSec knowledge useful.
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash etc.).
- Understanding of networking principles, DNS, troubleshooting in production.
- Any knowledge of the following would be handy: ELK stack, VMware, SIEM, Atlassian, Nagios etc.
- Any deployment automation tools like Ansible would be beneficial, but not essential.
- ITIL certification desirable.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a small managed services team with growth planned due to increased project work, you’ll involve yourself in monitoring production infrastructure for faults, creating/managing security alerts, incident management and managing release/deployments. They use Nagios for monitoring and there are bits of high-level service desk work involved. You’ll also help with provisioning new end-user devices, automation strategies and initiatives for improvements across the team. The team itself is 5 people, two in service desk, two in operations and a manager that you’ll report into. Their managed services team is quite new having only gone live in November; their coverage is 8pm – 6pm.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This business do a lot with school/graduate outreach, having been involved in various STEM programmes, graduate schemes and educational initiatives to upskill the millennial generation in the importance of cyber security. On top of a generous salary, you’ll get 25 days hol + bank hols, private health cover, a profit-sharing bonus which varies year-on-year, a healthy group personal pension scheme matched up to 5%, and much more. They also advocate for mental well-being and provide an optional 9 day fortnight which any employee can take advantage of!
Sound good? Send your CV to Joe now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Working on an exciting digital transformation project.Location:LondonSalary:up to £80,000 DOE
— Become a manager!Location:BristolSalary:£20K - £25K
— C# .Net, Azure, DevOpsLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K-£60K