Quant Analyst (Energy)
— Exciting Energy start-up with major financial backing
Salary: £35000 - £50000
• Exciting, rapidly moving and innovative working environment.
• Great working environment with a supportive and socialable team.
• Responsibility for day one and the ability to set direction and works hands-on.
Are you a Quant Analyst with experience in the Energy industry looking to make your next move? If so, I’m currently working with an exciting Energy start-up in Gloucester who’d be keen to speak with you.
What you’ll be doing
You will be leading the development of this pioneering company’s trading platform and marketing analytics suite. To do this you will be tasked with the development of pricing and forecasting models as well as conducting risk analysis and contract and portfolio optimization.
You’ll also be involved with monitoring the UK energy market to implement trading strategies, identifying opportunities to create value for the business and utilizing machine learning and advanced statistical models to build data forecasting models.
This is a broad role with the chance to get stuck in with a range to tools and technologies
What experience you’ll need to apply
• University degree in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, STEM or Engineering etc.)
• Programming experience using Python, Matlab, R or SAS to analyse and manipulate data.
• Experience building models around the UK energy market particularly with renewable energy.
• Communication skills are key in this one as you’ll be interacting with people across the business as well as stakeholders outside of it.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
There’s a competitive salary available here alongside a generous benefits package which includes flexible working hours, company pension contribution, a flat management structure and brand new offices located a stone’s throw away from Gloucester Train Station.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Adam with your updated CV and we’ll handle the rest.Back to jobs