Senior IT Engineer
— multi-award winning agency
- Award-winning marketing agency with client base across all industries.
- Exciting pipeline of projects, proactive & forward thinking IT function.
- Friendly & dynamic culture, no hierarchy, casual dress & beer fridge.
An innovative marketing agency in Cirencester is looking for an ambitious Senior IT Engineer to join them during an exciting period of growth. You’ll be working on a variety of projects for an incredibly diverse client base with big name brands across retail, finance, public sector and many more. Following a number of big client wins it’s a really exciting time to be joining the business with plenty to get stuck into from the get-go. This is a role that offers plenty of variety and real scope to progress and no two days are the same.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in IT or in an IT Support environment.
- Previous experience maintaining Windows server based operating systems. Experience of Linux would be beneficial.
- Previous exposure to Apple Mac.
- A basic understanding or ability to use scripting/development languages such as PowerShell or Bash.
- Strong networking knowledge i.e. routing, IP addressing.
- SQL server management would be advantageous. Basic SQL scripting ability would also be useful.
What you’ll be doing
As Senior IT Engineer your focus will be to support and maintain the business’ IT services by ensuring hosting requirements are met across all departments and optimal performance is delivered by server hardware in both internal and external datacentres. Working closely with the Head of IT you’ll be dealing with a whole breadth of technologies & responsibilities from fundamental support to automating certificates across all hosting environments for example. You’ll be joining a small but proactive team and will be expected to play an active role in promoting and implementing new technologies throughout the business. Further, you will be supporting the IT requirements on various major client projects, so an ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences is key. There are plenty of exciting projects in the pipeline so there will be plenty to get stuck into from the get-go. There’s real scope for you to progress in this role, immersing yourself in a forward thinking and highly technical environment.
What you'll get in return for your talents
On top of a generous salary, the company 'are offering 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!), life cover, a contributory pension scheme, as well as free parking and a discounted gym membership. You’ll be based in the heart of the Cotswolds with a friendly team who go out on regular socials together, enjoy the Friday beer fridge and a breakfast buffet on a Monday.
What’ s next?
Sound great? Send in your CV to Ellen now or call in for a chat (01179 269 530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— rapidly growing software house, great scope for progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£20K - £24K
— Rapid progressionLocation:BrentwoodSalary:£45K - £50K
— Drupal, PHP Development / Linux System AdministrationLocation:CardiffSalary:£30000 - £40000