Back-End Developer (PHP)
— Rapidly growing digital healthcare consultancy
Salary: £35K - £50K
- Freedom to learn and incorporate new technologies into the business.
- Incredibly diverse client base working with industry leaders.
- Progressive & emerging technology stack (PHP, MVC, Symfony, Laravel, Git, Drupal).
I’m working with a leading digital healthcare consultancy who are looking for a Back-End Developer to join their team. The business offers product development services for some of the world’s largest life science and pharmaceutical companies and have won two prestigious industry awards for their work. They currently have a team of 10 (3 developers) and due to a recent internal re-structure they are going through a rapid period of expansion. Some examples of projects they’ve been covering include small to large website builds (using Drupal amongst other technologies), an augmented reality app, various mobile apps, webinar software, system builds and more.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven back-end development experience using PHP and it’s relevant MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony or similar) ideally within an agency/consultancy environment.
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS, Git, Apache and MySQL.
- Awareness of or willingness to learn Drupal 8.
- Commercial knowledge of SOAP & REST API’s, and an ability to build and maintain API wrappers for the front-end team.
- Ability to configure and manage all aspects of web application development, testing & deployment.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a team of 3 developers which is constantly growing, you will be working closely with the front-end, marketing and design teams to architect, develop and maintain creative technical solutions. Working across multiple projects you will be the driving point of the development of customer websites, microsites and applications, offering a strong focus on PHP and content management but understanding the front-end aspect at the same time. You will be managing the development roadmap and release schedules, resolving back-end bugs and maintaining API wrappers for the front-end team as well. You’ll also be expected to stay up to date with new and emerging technologies, playing an integral part in implementing them into the business.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
As well as a generous salary (£35-50K) and contributory pension scheme the company are trying to build a culture of learning, so if there are any courses or certifications that you feel would benefit your personal development, they would be happy to support this. Also, due to the internal re-structure and plans for growth in the near future the scope for career progression based on performance is very good. They do also offer flexibility with occasional remote working as well if needed!
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a rapidly growing consultancy, so if you’re interested please send your CV to Joe or give us a call on 01179 269 530 to find out more!Back to jobs