You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— User Centred Software Provider
- Join a growing UX and product team and experience real investment in UX.
- Work alongside a highly experienced lead UX and talented visual designer.
- Enjoy a flexible working culture that offers remote working.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join a successful software company based in Cirencester. They are well established with over 100 employees and have a unique B2B software offering that spans over 6 individual products. As a business they are increasingly investing in UX and this hire will further unify their product range, understand their customers and improve usability. With remote working on offer and a great culture, this one can’t be missed.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the product team you will work alongside a product owner, UX lead, talented visual designer and innovation lead to improve the usability and design on an impressive array of products.
The software they produce is B2B and they work with a range of businesses big and small. You’ll streamline user experience with clients in the hospitality sector and retail, among others. Over the past 3 years some solid groundwork has been put in place for UX within the business, the suite of products has had a face lift and huge improvements have been made under the hood to improve user experience. The business both sees the value of UX and encourages a thorough research and design process so culturally the team are on board and pushing in the right direction.
You will work in a supporting role with the lead UX and visual designer to get facetime with users, conduct testing, create journey maps, user personas then take these findings through to wireframes and prototypes enabling the visual designer to create highly effective and polished UI’s.
This is a fantastic role for someone with a grounding in user experience but room to grow – maybe you’ve got an MA in computer science, some internships under your belt, a general assembly course or some on the job UX skills from a relevant role in design or project management.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Some commercial experience within UX.
- A degree in a UX related field (computer science, interaction design, user experience design, psychology etc).
- Experience of conducting / shadowing user testing.
- Experience of producing wireframes and prototypes (Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle etc).
- Comfortable collaborating with a wide variety of skills in product, development, design, content and marketing.
- A good communicator, able to articulate design decisions, rationalise UX to non-technical people.
- An eagerness to learn and develop your skills.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
In return for your talents you’ll join a growing and very successful business (they’ve seen a substantial rise in turnover in the past 3 years). Importantly you will join a team that sees the value in your work and will be on side to push the UX agenda. With this role remote and flexible working is available, you can be in the office a couple of days a week and but collaborate online and out in the field for the rest.
This role Is paying up to around £35k.
Please apply with an up to date CV and supporting portfolio / collection of case studies to be considered.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: