Cloud / DevOps Engineer
— Building a new product
Salary: £45K - £60K
- Building a new product in a progressive and dynamic environment.
- Work with a diverse technology stack (Kubernetes, Python, Ansible, Docker)
- Broad client base across multiple sectors such as Retail, Financial Services & Green Energy.
A progressive software house is looking for a Cloud Engineer to build a new product to sit on their award-winning employee engagement platform. The product will be based on peer-to-peer recognition, aiming to be a disruptor in the market and really tapping into employee experience and comparing how different teams collaborate. Having set up 15 years ago and now employing over 150 people, the business work with a varied client base of small and large businesses spread across the retail, telecoms and financial sectors, plus many more.
What skills you’ll need
- Continuous integration/delivery using Jenkins. Must be able to build Jenkins pipelines from scratch!
- Experience with at least one scripting language, preferably Python but will also consider Bash/Powershell.
- Knowledge of Java and ability to deploy applications on JVM.
- Automation knowledge using Ansible. Any knowledge of Terraform/Chef/Puppet would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of logging, monitoring, web infrastructure (servers, firewalls, load balancers)
- Any knowledge of Kubernetes, Prometheus and Google Cloud would be highly beneficial!
What you’ll be doing
Sitting on the newly formed recognition team, you’ll be delivering a brand-new peer-to-peer recognition product to sit on the wider employee engagement platform. Working in a team of 7 which includes development, data, QA and product management, you’ll be taking responsibility for continuous integration using Jenkins pipelines as well as automating the application using Ansible (or similar). As well as this you will be working autonomously to deploy the application onto JVM, ensuring that all web apps are scalable at all times. The application sits on Google Cloud so any experience of delivering an app onto this platform would be ideal.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The business offer a great range of rewards which includes 25 days holiday (plus your Birthday off!), private healthcare, life assurance, income protection as well as access to their award-winning online benefits scheme. You’ll get a breadth of training and development opportunities including access to CBT Nuggets, technical courses, conferences and study agreements. The culture is very tight-knit and personable, with all employees collaborating well and really defining the ‘DevOps’ culture!
This is an amazing opportunity in a newly formed division, so if you're interested, send your CV to Joe ASAP or give us a call to have a chat!Back to jobs