eCommerce Merchandiser / Senior eCommerce Merchandiser
— High-end Pureplay brands
- 2 fast-growing pureplay brands.
- New growth roles in the team.
- Collaborative working environment.
This group of Pureplay eCommerce brands have been going for over 7 years, growing at an exceptional rate on the beautiful South Coast. With their success it’s all systems go, including new office space and new roles in the eCommerce team! A friendly and collaborative working environment too, where everyone is really passionate about eCommerce and Digital.
There are a couple of different levels open at either eCommerce Merchandiser or Senior eCommerce Merchandiser level, so please apply to discuss further.
What you’ll be doing
The roles will vary depending on your level of experience, however both are hands-on so there are some elements where similar skills are required. Joining an established team of 8 within eCommerce, you’ll report into the eCommerce Manager and work alongside other Online Merchandisers to optimise the overall customer journey. Being a pureplay this is massively important to the team, therefore really rewarding that your efforts to drive conversions will deliver significant commercial outcomes.
There is a continual process of analysis and implementation in the Online Merchandising team. You’ll ensure that the product imagery and text are correct, uploading content through the Magento CMS and writing SEO friendly product descriptions. Content writers are also on hand for bigger projects. This requires real attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple spreadsheets to organise your categories effectively.
The more strategic aspect of this role, which will form a great element of the Senior eCommerce Merchandiser position, is the ability to draw insights from the analytics data on customer behaviour. What categories are doing well, and which products are underperforming – and why is that? You’ll have a real curiosity in diving into customer data and using this to drive overall strategy. More senior members will be comfortable discussing weekly and monthly performance with stakeholders across the business.
What experience you’ll need
- Online merchandising experience from an eCommerce setting.
- Given the close attention to data in both roles, someone who is really confident in managing spreadsheets and using this to handle data is key (the team love a good spreadsheet!). Being comfortable with various formulae and techniques such as vlookups.
- Fantastic attention to detail, especially with imagery and product descriptions.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of how eCommerce Merchandising impacts online turnover.
- Excellent problem solving ability and a passion to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- A massive passion for eCommerce! They are a lively bunch who are constantly sharing ideas, debating and being creative.
- Knowledge of the following tools would be ideal: Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and extra points for Magento experience!
What you’ll get in return for your talents
There is a competitive salary on offer of between £18-28k across both roles. This depends on experience and possibly a touch higher at the more senior end, so please enquire for more information. Benefits are generous, including 30 days holiday (inc. Bank), external training, childcare vouchers, flexible working hours, free parking and more!
Drop Joe a note to hear the finer details on this one.Back to jobs