Senior SEO Manager / Head of SEO
— Thriving South-Coast agency
- New role heading up the SEO function.
- Established, fast-growing agency outside of London.
- Brilliant culture as part of a driven team.
This agency are well-established but are growing fast off the back of some exciting account wins and existing account growth. SEO is a core part of their offering and they are looking for someone to head up this function with a mix of management, strategic input, hands-on work and getting involved in new business. A role with great variety and a brilliant culture, set on the beautiful South Coast!
What you’ll be doing
Reporting into the Digital Marketing Director and managing 2 others in the team, your role will be split between line management (tied in with hands-on work), strategy, new business pitches and growing the SEO team with future hires. With an enviable client list, this is a great role for an established SEO professional to take a step up and drive the broader strategic / team leadership elements they may not have exposure to.
You’ll mentor an SEO Manager and SEO Executive in all things biddable media, also educating them on best practice and planning their time based on the strategic goals of the team and business. Given the fantastic base of clients this agency boasts, building close relationships with your contacts there will be key. This will allow you to handle difficult situations, and also more clearly understand their requirements. As this is a full service agency it will also help you offer assistance in other areas and grow each account.
Back to the detail on SEO – your team will deliver a combination of content & technical solutions, so you’ll need to comfortable managing both if these areas. This will involve keyword research, on-page optimisation (including meta-data and content optimisation) and link-building (positive and negative effects). Localised SEO campaigns will also be key to a number of clients, so experience in this area will be very helpful.
What experience you’ll need
- Strong experience in an SEO role, either agency or client side (agency experience would be great).
- Able to work autonomously on SEO campaigns, from setting overall strategy to driving implementation.
- Team leadership skills to mentor and develop your team.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Well-versed in SEO management tools, such as SE Cockpit, SEM Rush, Searchmetrics, Majestic, Copyscape and Moz.
- Understanding of the wider spectrum of digital marketing to help develop client accounts.
- Exposure to new business pitches and winning accounts to grow the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
A competitive salary is on offer in the region of £35-45k, depending on experience. Please still get in touch if your experience is well aligned but expectations are higher, as there could be some flexibility here. Benefits include a generous holiday allowance, childcare vouchers, free breakfast on Fridays and also an early finish that day too.
Please get in touch with Joe to run through the finer details of the role.Back to jobs