You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Head Of Design
— Global PLC
- Market leading salary & bonus scheme.
- Generous car allowance & pension contribution.
- Influential opportunity for major global brands.
We are looking for a Head of Design to join an International PLC and lead a highly experienced team of industrial designers to create international products. As the Head of Design you will have international retail experience and a detailed understanding of the end to end product/industrial design process.
What you’ll be doing
Working closely with the Design Director you will coordinate & develop an international team of designers and engineers. Using your creative ability, technical know-how and leadership skills you will lead the design and delivery of cross category products. Ultimately you’ll help to unify the businesses various product ranges and create consistency in both quality and cost across the brand group.
The Head of Design will lead on both creative output and creative processes. Your team will work end to end when it comes to product design, you’ll research as well as render and produce products across a varied range of categories. From a design background yourself you will be able to push new product ranges conceptually as well as enable your team to produce work that’s on brand and in line with the overall business strategy
As the business works internationally you’ll have to coordinate with offices outside of the UK which will require some travel to some other European countries. You’ll coordinate and manage multiple briefs across these offices with the support of Senior Designers who will directly report in to you.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Be strategic, tactical and highly operational
- Have a strong strategic capability and previous experience of leading, designing & developing of product briefs.
- Effectively manage other managers & specialist members of the team.
- Understanding how to manage budgets and net margins.
- Interpret customer insights on an international level.
- Be a step ahead by having a keen eye for design and functionality.
- Be able to work closely with engineers
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll get to join a global retail leader and influence the design for many different brands and categories for a multitude of consumers. As well as a market leading salary you’ll be given a generous car/travel allowance and pension contribution for the hard work you put in.
All sound good? Apply today with your CV and portfolio and we can discuss in more detail.
No jobs found